So Washington proved to be quite an experience for me. I'm just going to narrate it with pics: 
So I got to Reagen Airport after 6 ish hours of flight. I slept about 2/3 of the way, since I only slept 3 hours the day before (Just couldn't resist PB Bar and Grill. Heh. )

I had to take the metro down to Adams Morgan to meet Tom, the only friend I knew who was going to the wedding. The first stop right after the airport was "Crystal City", and with the granite dome-like interior of the metro, it just feels like something out of a sci fi movie. Even the escalator up to ground level was covered in granite and dim lights. It was awesome. The only thing not too awesome is prolly the waiting time for the trains, and the no-reception zone in the trains. Bah. I'll need one of those PSP-hand held if I had to live there.
Anyways, after an arduous journey, I finally met up with Tom, and we went for dinner and drinks after. His friends were pretty entertaining, and very eager to get plastered. We ended up getting pretty drunk and getting some sort of Mexican pastry from one of the supper stores. And also drunkedly got into a cab driven by a shady ass Ethopian who charged us 70 bucks for the trip to the hotel (the normal rate was 50, which I later found out). To make it worse, Tom bought him food and gave him a 20 dollar tip. Gawd. But Tom was pretty entertaining as a drunk tho. The driver tried to talk to him in English, and Tom kept replying in a slur "I'm not in the mood to talk in a different language right now, dude." and kept trying to cough up bits of Spanish (cuz he thought the guy was Mexican.) Ha ha.
And we were mortified to find only a king-sized bed in the hotel room, and had to get an additional uncomfortable-as-hell roll up bed. Thank you Tom for refusing to let me sleep in the roll up bed. Heh.

We got to the church ceremony the next morning, hungover as hell. It was a pretty church, in Rockville (Maryland).

The flower girl was the CUTEST THING ever! She's blond and blue-eyed, and had the sweetest giggle ever. Man, I want one of those. Ha.

Meredith looking gorgeous in her gown. The exchange of vows took about 1/2 hr, with loads of kneeling and praying. Noel stumbled on one of the parts. It was the sweetest thing ever, when they were holding hands and smiling at each other. Awwww.

Catching a quick shot with Meredith after the ceremony. After we took this with my phone camera, she was like "Now for the REAL camera (her pro photographer)". So condescending. Hurr.

Me with Tom, the belligerent drunk of yesterday.

The lodge where we had the reception and dinner. Such a quaint little inn!

Even the paper towels in the bathroom was pretty as well.

They had custom made lilac and white m&m's for their wedding souvenir. So Meredith. Ha.

Tom and I. Trying not to look hungover as well.

The rest of the crew at Table Seven. Spot the two pairs of sisters! I swear to God that I'm the only Asian at the wedding. The photographer kept trying to snap pictures of me to achieve a facade of diversity in the wedding. -___-

They looked so cute together! They ran out of wedding cake, and we were presented with replacement wedding cake. "We must get real wedding cake, after flying across the States!" So Tom and I snuck some cake off some other plate. It was totally worth it. Ha.

Tom and I were the only ones from California, so everyone just referred to us as the "Calis". Talk about being an outcast. Also, the front desk pple kept addressing me as Mrs. Cohen (Tom's last name). -__- I tried to correct them, but to no avail. Oh well.

I heart Meredith!


The best crabcake ever! Unlike the usual breaded not-so-good crabcakes we get in San Diego, this is a jumble of the most tender crab meat ever. I had four in 6 hours. So good.
So in short, Washington was pretty cool. A lot of late night eating spots (Learn, San Diego!) and bars. The only thing disturbing was the lack of Asians. Even Chinatown was filled with African Americans. I say we propose a migration scheme of very horny Asians here to D.C. That way, they can reproduce like mad and do us some justice. ^___^
3 comments:
I would like to move over.. hahah. This is your fren from Quickly.. ;)
Oooo, I know who you are. :) I love your stocking picture, btw. Heh.
Post a Comment