Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Say yes to foie gras!

So I just heard that California is trying to ban foie gras, on the pretext that the process of fattening the liver is cruel to the goose. Trust California to do something like that. -__- I have nothing against animal rights groups, just that foie gras happens to be my ultimate favorite food in this world! I don't get animal rights activist sometimes. What they need to understand is that we are ALL part of a food chain, and oh, we happen to be omnivores. We are designed to eat both meat and vegetables, so that we can maintain the balance of the ecosystem! What these animal rights activists should spend their time on should be more pressing issues like global warming, ocean pollution which actually ruin our world. So when these activists eat their turkey during Thanksgiving, don't they stop and think: hey, a turkey is actually KILLED for me to eat this. -__- Okay, so the geese are force fed before they are slaughtered, but seriously, what better way to die? The migatory geese used in foie gras have a habit of overeating and packing large amounts of food in their oesaphagus before migration anyway. We're simply supplying the food to them! So, in a way we're like their caterers! We feed them their favorite food! I mean, yea we kill them eventually, but don't we also kill cows, chicken and fish. And you don't even feed them before you kill them! You guys don't know how fortunate they are. Bah! Now I have to go to Vegas for foie gras. Hasta luego foie gras. It's not goodbye forever! :(

My prrreciouss *sobs*

4 comments:

Li'er said...

I love your blog! It's entertaining... I guess I should start updating mine soon...it's been like 4 months since I last posted.

Keira said...

Hehe, you should! I'll link my blog to yrs. If I figure out how to. Or you can link me, since you're infinitely more computer savvy than I am. :D

Keira said...

Btw, yea I might take a trip to Europe next year. If I find you in London, will you be free to go with me for a few days to Italy and France? Pretty please?

Li'er said...

Yes, we'll take Europe by storm! I'm linking you to my nomadlife blog (which is in need of serious updating!).