Friday, August 17, 2007

"We enter the world alone, we leave the world alone."

Ever since I moved here to the states to study 5 years back, I feel like I've subconsciously try to prevent myself from being too attached to anyone around me. It's like I've somewhat weaved a protective bubble around myself, in order to cope with the instability in my life. I split my time between here and home, and as a result, my friends have been pretty transient. I can't count how many times I've weeped over the loss of a friend who moved back home, or decide to go to another country to work. I thought I'm rid of that all. I thought I am strong enough at this point of my life, to be able to handle anything. But I'm only human. Even though life has subject me to many partings, I can't help but cling on to the memories like a child to its security blanket. It's just that good friends are really hard to come by, and for some reason, I always lose them to circumstances. And it stings.

3 comments:

Manic Songbird said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yu-Hua said...

hey..this is yuhua..found this from ur facebook. hope u dont mind me reading. i just wanna say this entry speaks to me..and u know thats just it, people have to do whats best for them, everyone has to "do their own thing" ..and yea it makes u feel like u dont have that one person u can really count on, u just have alot of good friends but not a best friend (at least for me)
but thats alright, cuz nobody can make u happy but urself..happiness is something u have to make for yourself. good luck =)

oh yea..toward the end the words strangely reminds me of "big girls dont cry" by fergie...hahaha!

Yu-Hua said...

oh...didnt realize i had kevin..HAHA...i just checked and its this joke blog i made with my friend...lol..