Saturday, August 25, 2007

Never exercise at night. Bah.

So I woke up at 4.30pm today. It wasn't exactly intentional, though I didn't keep to my habit of setting the alarm for 3pm every Saturday. I was horrified, to say the least. To lessen my guilt of being such a pig, I'll have to blame it on the exercise I did the night before. I arrived at my gym at UTC mall at 12 midnight to find it closed. Which is pretty ironic, given that the name of my gym is 24 hour fitness. How can they advocate 24hr-fitness when they close at frigging 11pm every night! I remember a year back, it used to be open round the clock every day of the week. After a few months, it started becoming wimpy by opening it 24 hr on weekdays, and till 12 midnight on the weekends. Which is fair, considering that their employees, the overly buffed up guys, need their partying time too. So I stuck to going late only on weekdays. Now, they are ultra wimpy by closing at 11pm everyday. -__- So I digress, anyway, my point was, I was feeling fat after eating a hearty Italian meal with my roomie, what with tomato cream sauce and cheesecake for dessert. I find it almost a DUTY to at least attempt to work out. So, out of frustration, I decided to run on the main roads surrounding the mall. Mind you, the mall is HUGE, and its circumference even so. I quit after 20 min though, cuz 1) I was pretty freaked out by the lack of lights, and well, the scary shadows cast by the trees 2) I seem to be the object of the bored security guards' amusement, since they started following me in their retarded-looking cart thing, letting out guffaws now and then. I mean, SERIOUSLY now, the security guards are supposed to curb our fears of any menace lurking in the mall, not to be a menace. They were creeping me out! I crawled into my car and grudgingly drove home, feeling kinda dumb. But well, I dozed off the instant my head hit the pillow. Well, anyway, my point of this post is that I realize that every time I go to the gym, I am incapable of waking up the next day. So next time I'm feeling lazy and reluctant to go to the gym, I shall just look at this post and feel justified for not going. Hoho.

2 comments:

Mr Lychee said...

not so sure how safe it is over at your side. but after living western singapore for a while, I've come to realise one can nv be too careful. Too many drunk blangahs chatting ard the dark corners or on the grass patches.
so i guess the mantra is if the gym aint open, go home. *snigger

Keira said...

Thaaanks. :P