
My comfort food of the day - tempura ice cream with a side of green tea ice cream (cuz the filling was vanilla, and I prefer green tea. Hoho.) No, I did not gobble the whole thing by myself: I shared the sin with Renee. Both of us went for a jog at our respective gyms consequently. Californians. They rub off me, I swear. Renee offered to pay for dinner cuz she felt bad about being flaky last Saturday. I didn't let her pay, of course, but the thought was appreciated and felt. :) I guess I'm feeling a tad better, thanks to all the sympathetic posts and text msges I've received the past day. Thank you guys. Since I'm feeling better, I shall bombard this post with samplings of food I've been cooking in the last few weeks. Recently, I've been cooking up a storm every Sunday night, and packaging the food into several Ziplock plastic cases for lunch from Monday till Friday. It's like a manufacturing line, really. So I'm stuck with the same food for lunch everyday. It usually tastes like heaven on Monday, and by Friday, I was ready to feed it to the dogs. So voila.

My first ever cooked meal ever since I was back in San D. I think I put the most effort in this one, prolly because I was still craving the mixed vegetable rice back in Singapore. I made a sorta meat-pie (which was possible due to the heavy ass steamer I brought back, only to find it online at Ranch 99 at 30 bucks. -__-), stewed wintermelon with dried scallops, and my favorite tomato omelette. And rice, of course. Yea, lasted 5 days.

Which after a few weeks of cooking other stuff, I got lazy and decided to make stewed pork mee hoon. It's kinda like a traditional fare, cooked with those canned stewed fatty pork. Only I got too health conscious, and threw out all the fat, and rinsed the lean meat twice before throwing it in to simmer with the bee hoon. Added carrots, cucumbers, pork, spinach etc. Very bland. Very healthy. Uh, very bland. I threw it out after thursday. Thriftiness has its limits.

I cooked this for dinner the other day. Was craving the simple udon sold in Tokyo, you know, the 400 yen noodle shops? I just made some ponzu sauce mixed with stock and mirin, and used it for the dipping sauce. No msg! :) The poached egg worked out beautifully as well.

And thus the manufacturing line. This, my friend, is my lunch for the rest of this week. Shredded chicken breast with spaghetti in tomato mushroom sauce with loads of garlic. Mm, I heart garlic.

And this is seared duck breast with a red wine reduction, from George's by the Cove. Surely you didn't think I cooked this. Ha.
P.S: Renee just got back from her workout after one and a half hour, and declared it as a "short workout". And I was feeling proud of my 25min jog. Someone strangle her for me, please?
5 comments:
omg, i didn't know you could cook!! haha, i'd be a pretty useless trophy wife to you -_-
Haha, well the invitation is still open. *wink*
WOW! U could actually whip up pretty presentable dishes! =X Impressive. Heh
Haha, shut up. :P I know who you are.
Yum its 3.04am now...i'd eat anything... u really know who am i? i dont think so.. mmmZ HUNGRY!
Post a Comment