Man, it's only 1 pm and I can feel the day becoming crappy already. Recently, I've been losing stuff. Two days ago, I lose my DKNY watch. It wasn't that costly, but I've had it for a while already, and it's more sentimental than anything else. And this morning, I can't find my concealer. Seems like my bags are swallowing my stuff up. WTH. Sigh.
And I'm still feeling nauseous cuz I ate some rotten eggs yesterday. Why am I eating rotten eggs, you might ask. Well, I bought eggs a week ago, and accidentally dropped them on the way home. So 5 of them broke, and I had to chuck those. When I was cooking an omelette yday, I realized two more were cracked, but I was so indignant that I cooked them anyways. Ahem. Anyways, not feeling good. Can't believe I poisoned myself.
Anyways, I was talking to Nick on gchat, and it occurred to me that guys are getting better at picking girls up. I've realized this phenomenon too... recently, guys who ask for my number call IMMEDIATELY after I told them my number, to make sure I didn't give them a fake one. So I had to give my new one. Sigh. No more giving my enemy's number out anymore.
"You don't have to give if you're not interested", I can hear some of you saying, but well it gets really awkward. I think the best way out is to give the number out, and then avoid the calls and text msges. Which I've been doing these days, which is pretty taxing, though the voicemails they leave are pretty entertaining.
Anyway, I was in a charitable mood yesterday, so when I got one of the voicemails, I decided to call and tell him I'm going out of town for a while (which I am!). That way, I can drop him easy, and he wun feel that bad about himself! He had bad reception, and said he'll call me after. He ended up calling me at 2 am. WTF. Sometimes, it doesn't pay to be kind.
There was a phase I went through, when I'll drop them all with various excuses. Recently, I can't be arsed anymore. Maybe I should get back to it, since I can feel my negative karma accumulating as each day passes.
So guys, great job. You've avoided the common trick of giving nonsensical numbers, but hey now, you can't really force us to pick up your call if we really don't want to. So be nice, get the hint, and buzz off if we're not interested. You'll gain more respect that way.
3 comments:
Yes. Guys are getting smarter but not necessarily wiser.. Some can't fucking take the hint to buzz off!!
Yes, I agree! When will they ever learn...
we kind of got ourselves a flow chart worked out, if yes, have sex, if no, ask again, still no, say that there's no warm in knowing more friends, still no, so what's the price?
Post a Comment