I'm seriously depressed that I can't upload my pictures. :( I think I am going to write the logs, save them, and publish when I get back, just so I can write it down to begin with.
Another day in Singapore. I didn't really do anything out of the ordinary these few days. Everyday is about the same - I get up around noon, get ready to head out for lunch/movie/dinner/drinks, and the whole cycle repeats itself. Not that I'm complaining, like I said, this is a pretty sweet vacation.
I have so many random thoughts in my head, like how I like to be in Singapore cuz I get to buy tissue from the old people along Orchard Road and feel better about myself. Or just walking around town to see all the funny fashion statements around. Today, I almost got a picture of this lady with a Cucci/Goach bag. It's one of those cheap imitations that has a G instead of a C as part of the bag motifs. I didn't end up getting a picture cuz she was walking too fast. Speaking of which, Singaporeans always seem to walk faster/get shorter everytime I visit. It's a very odd trend.
I went to Pasta de Waraku for dinner today with my cousin. He's leaving first thing in the morning, and I'm kinda sad. :( I will blog about the place and him in another entry when I can get hold of the pictures, but yea, I wonder how he will change the next time I get back, and he's in army. Army can change a person drastically, and you don't have to go through it to realize that fact. I just hope that it's for the better.
My friend and I were lamenting about guys a while ago. Not about any guy in particular, just their attitude towards us over the years. I used to look really dorky in secondary school, and she was the same way too, but we used to have so many guys hitting on us at random spots, like fast food joints etc. They would send representatives to talk to us, or throw notes in my bag etc.
I don't know what changed from when I was 16 till present age, and she doesn't know either. We know, for a fact, that we have gotten better looking. Everyone says so, and really, it's kinda impossible to look worse than how I looked back then. But the thing is, with that, it seems like less guys hit on us in Singapore. In the states, I don't really have a standard to compare to, but well guys still come up to us regularly. It took us a while to come up with a theory, but when we did, we dubbed it the "Bitch" theory. The theory goes as such: With better looks, we have somewhat morphed into bitches. We give off the fuck you (no, not really, but you know what I mean) vibe, we get amused (in a bad way) when some loser-ish guy tries to chat us up, and the list goes on. It was unintentional, I swear, but it's probably true.
I remember that I used to be the nicest thing when guys hit on me. Yes, I did give out wrong numbers, but I was always nice about it. I've definitely gotten more jaded, and nastier over the years. I don't cut people any slack anymore. It's really harsh, but I've gotten so used to it, I don't think it's possible for me to change back. :(
I was telling this to my cousin, and he pretty much agreed that I give off a fuck-off vibe / I'm a bitch vibe. Sigh. It's so harsh when family tell you that.
My friend and I had tried to remind each other constantly, when we're out partying, to be nicer to people. It hasn't worked yet, just because we cracked each other up when we're being saccharine to strangers all of a sudden, and start beaming like idiots around the club.
So I guess this is one case where the nice people finish last.
On a sidenote, I went over to Nick & Leana's place for a scrumptious Christmas dinner. I have to say, Nick does the turducken like no one else. :D Went to Oosh again after the countdown, and we derived a lot of fun trying to pester the servers for free water. :) Good times.
3 comments:
No wonder no 1 hit on me.. hahaha
why not velvet underground, think the guys there are smooother. However if you wan the young and fearless, nothing beats double o. They'll step over hot coal for ya
Haha, nah it's too much effort to ask for just attention. :)
Post a Comment