Thursday, May 10, 2012

Taipei

Taipei with the girls was really fun. Since I'm nursing a wicked hangover from my brilliant idea of Thursday happy hour, I have decided to put my time to good use and blog about our trip.

I think the general summary of the trip was
1) Taipei people think Singaporean girls are ugly. No shit. We were taken for Hongkongers like maybe ten times on the trip, and everytime we corrected them, they look at us in awe and doubt and said that we don't look like typical Singaporeans.

2) We had such an ego trip the whole trip! People were praising us left right center. Ariane got mistaken for a model, I got feedback that I look like Jolin Tsai (which, used to happen pretty frequently in my teen years, but it seems to resurface after like ten years again recently because I got the same comment from random people at Five yday night too). 

3) The clubs were kinda blah, but the people were interesting. Way less reticent than typical Singaporeans, more spontaneous, so we ended up having a lot of fun.

4) The food was good, but not as great as I remember from four years ago. Ultimately, it's still the local street food that got the best food vote.

5) Barcode drinks are still awesome. I had this lavender vanilla vodka cocktail with egg white. Tasted like heaven. Followed by a spiced orange and rose cocktail with egg white. Love!


 Luyi and I enjoying our drinks at Barcode. Yum!

 One of our rooms at AMBA ximending. Pretty good although our room smelled a little funky.

 The new Shilin market! :D

 Getting ready for our first night out. Everyone looks perky despite the fact that the three of them have been awake since 11pm the night before.

 Our first shot. Which was weak, btw.

 After a few more shots, the drunken shots comes naturally....

 At the ex presidential flower gardens.

 On top of Yangmingshan. Our driver for the day took us to this calla lily farm in the middle of a valley. So breathtaking! My fav flower... :)
 They were selling like 12 stalks for 5 bucks! So cheap! Too bad I couldn't buy any. They look so perfect!

 The kampong chicken on top of Yangmingshan, and the wild vegetables. So good!


 We went to this organic 10 course dinner meal place at Xindian province, called da shan wu jia. It was very healthy, could use more salt, but in general a memorable meal.
 My fourth serving of stinky tofu. Yum!

 I was the only one wearing the silly frames we bought the night before.


Went back to the same club after hopping around the last night. Good times!

No comments: