Sunday, January 13, 2008

Speedy tour of SF, and jetlag

I must be getting old.

I didn't use to get sick after my long flights, but this time round, I got sick both times I got off the plane.

Sucks balls.

Anyways, been pretty jetlagged. It's 9ish on a Sunday morning, and people who know me know that it's almost a 0.01% chance that I will be awake at this hour on Sundays.
And I've been up since 7am too. Sigh.

Anyway, I have a secret to share. Beer!

The last time I got this scratchy throat/fever nonsense, I was like "fuck it" and proceeded to down 4 beers. The next day, I was absolutely fine! It's amazing!

So I had to try it this time, just to ascertain my observation. Lo and behold, I woke up today feeling so much better! The fever's gone, and so is the sore throat!

Leana, I tried to convince you to do the same thing, but alas, it fell on deaf ears. Ha. :P See, it works! I'm telling you. :)

Went to this hole-in-the wall beer place (Jose's) at downtown La Jolla last night. There was a lot of older pple sitting around drinking beer, but we had such a big crowd, it really didn't matter.
Noel and Meredith. Noel was obviously gone at this point. Apparently the guys have been drinking since 130 in the afternoon cuz of the football games going on.
Val and John. For once, John doesn't have the asian flush cuz he couldn't drink. Ha. Mike in the background with a weird expression on his face.
Tom has this signature point pose, so we were trying to imitate him. Not very successful.
Apparently the guys think they can do it better. Ha.

It was nice hanging out with them again. It's been a long time, especially with Meredith. :)

Met a friend on the plane, who took me on a whirlwind tour of San Francisco during my 3 hr layover. The last time I was in SF, it was pouring all 3 days and I didn't get to see shit. :( Took a lot of pictures, so tadaa!
I was excited for a while until I realized this isn't the golden gate bridge. It's the Bay bridge. The fog was so bad that I didn't end up being able to see the golden gate bridge at all. AGAIN! I must be cursed. :(

Apparently the trams are a landmark of the city.
Fisherman's Wharf
Some random pier.
Palace of fine arts. This place is soooo romantic, what with the pond and Roman architecture.See what I mean about not being able to see the GG bridge. This is supposedly the viewing point to see the bridge. WTF.

2 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Have fun back.. Miss ya!

Keira said...

Ya I miss you too
Blah.