Sunday, January 27, 2008

Lazy saturday night.

It's been raining the whole of yesterday. And a few days last week. I wonder who was the shithead who said that it only rains 5 days a year in San Diego. I was so depressed with the weather that I stayed in yesterday and watched dvds the whole night.

I caught this Singaporean movie called "Perth". I was so excited when I saw it at Blockbuster, simply because it's incredibly rare to find anything Singaporean in that store! It was kinda surreal watching it though, listening to the familiar Singaporean accent and Hokkien swear words in my room here. I wun recommend the movie though, it was kinda depressing towards the end.

Had good Mexican seafood at this really popular restaurant called "Casa Gualaranja" in Old town.


I had this dish called the Seafood Chimichanga (talk about cool names), and it's pretty much a fried burrito with lobster, fish and shrimps, coated in a jalepeno cream sauce. I can't put it to words, but the different tastes blended in very well, and it wasn't as oily as I thought the description would sound.


We also had the ceviche. For those who don't know what a ceviche is, it's pretty much fish preserved in vinegar and spices. It was pretty good, and leaves a very clean taste.


We had the deep fried ice cream, which I felt a little cheated at, just because I'm used to the truly deep fried green tea ice cream in japanese stores, and this was simply vanilla ice cream coated with deep fried cornflakes. It was alright. Will not order it again.

In short, get reservations if you decide to try out this place. And the margaritas are really good too!
Very happy people, as usual. :D

2 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Yum Yum.

Unknown said...

Heh...like last year when it rained almost the entire time I was visiting. ^_^

At least you haven't been getting the terrible winter wonderland sloshing down from the heavens like we have been here in MI. Your car would be truly upset methinks.