Anyway, more about the trip. It started off on the wrong foot - I am supposed to take the United flight from San D. to Philly, connecting at Chicago. I got to the airport on time, and before long, I was comfortably settled on the plane to Chicago, dreaming of Chicago cheesecakes and deep-dish pizzas. The instant we landed, I turned on my cell only to find a voicemail from United that goes "Hi there, we are calling from United Airlines. This is a gentle notification to inform you that your flight from *pause* Chicago to *pause* Philadelphia on the *pause* 24th of November has been subject to a *pause* cancellation. Please consult our friendly front desk for an alternative flight. Thank you, and we hope you have a nice day." The first thing that ran through my mind was "What the fuck." The second thought that came running was " How am I supposed to have a nice day when you fucking retards just cancelled my flight!" ( Anyway, the pauses are really there. It's an automated message in their feeble attempt to cut down on staff, so they just pre-record messages and fit in the appropriate details as deemed fit.) I got to the customer service counter, only to be greeted by an extremely unpleasant staff (or rather "friendly", as United retards put it). She informed me that I was booked on an U.S. Airways flight now, and it's 1/2 hr later than the United. I asked her if I can have an earlier flight, only to be slapped with a curt "no". Resigned, I went to the U.S. Airways terminal, and obtained my new boarding pass. The lady was telling me that United pretty much dumped the 50 people on the canceled flight on their flight, and she says it's prolly to cut down on costs, by combining the passengers together. WTF. If I had known that I'm getting this from my 730 bucks ticket, I would have known better to choose United. I was so pissed off at that point, and even more so at the fact that I have to wait TWO hours to board the plane. Well, what better thing to do than to get crunk at the pub next to the boarding pass. So there I sat, drinking a total of three beers while reading my book and talking to occasional beer drinkers. At the end of it, I felt pretty happy. All my anger at United had vanished, and I couldn't wait to get on the flight! It even landed half an hour earlier than the estimated time, so I was pretty happy. But alas, that is not all. After waiting for my luggage for an hour, the representative informed us that our luggages are lost, and PROBABLY still in chicago. That was the last straw. We had to get in line to file baggage claims, and I was steaming mad. Actually, everyone in the line was, and we were rallying for boycotting United in the future, and sending complaint letters. We figured that the United retards prolly thought "hey, the flight's canceled! Let's just head home earlier for thanksgiving dinner and forget about the bags still on the bloody canceled flights!" Well, tomorrow I shall compose the most vicious complaint letter.
So the first night, I had to borrow a shitload of stuff from Jenn's mum. Left me pretty grumpy. The thanksgiving food was really good though! In my hunger, I kinda forgot to take pictures, but well it was excellent. Heh heh. I had to wear Jenn's mum's PJs too. It was pretty funny.
The second day, we went to the 2nd largest mall in the states. It's called King of Prussia, and man, was it big. We were pretty grossed out by the massive crowds shopping on Black Friday though, and the only remotely interesting thing was when they were going to nab a shoplifter at A&F. Seriously! There was even a cop, but they were taking too long to stake out the guy, Jenn and I got bored and left. Yep. And that brings us to the highlight of my entire trip ----> PHILLY CHEESESTEAKS! Jenn and I had to follow the GPS, cuz we didn't know how to get to South St, and it was worth every ounce of effort! We went to this place called Jim's Steaks, and I got the cheesesteak with american cheese and mushrooms. It was heavenly. I don't know what it was. Maybe it was the supple, almost chewy Amoroso roll the steak was set on (Amoroso rolls are only found in Philly, and people believe that the flakiness of the roll is due to the alkalinity of the water in Philly), maybe it was the very well-seasoned steak that simply melts in your mouth, or maybe it's the combination of steak and melted salty cheese. Regardless, it's right up there with the In-and-Out burgers in Cali. Dishes like that, I really do marvel, because they taste so spectacular for something that looks so uh, not spectacular. Man, my stomach's growling for another cheesesteaks. Anyways, enough of my rambling - pictures! :D
Anyways, that's about as much pictures I got. And I'm tres tired. Heading to bed. Ciao ciao!
6 comments:
Gosh. U're making me hungry! Damn!
Hehe, that's the point! :P
Parents not in sg. Have to cook myself and my cooking sucks. ahha.
my food look like shit and i had chips instead. :p
Haha, tell me about it. I just burned my vegetable stew and I'll have to have it for the next four meals. :(
larvely meals >.< me gettin hungry!!!
Post a Comment