Alright, now that I got that out of my system, moving on to the tragic news of the day. I got a bloody $350 ticket for parking in the handicapped lot. So why was I parked in the HL? Very good question, and the answer is a reasonably long, and not entirely logical story. So I've been sick for the last five days or so, and haven't been sleeping all that well. In fact, I didn't sleep a wink last night because 1) I was coughing the whole night 2) I was thinking about my minor proposition defense scheduled in the morning. Anyways, I've been feeling very fatigued, and since I refuse to go to the doc's, I've been feeding myself a mixture of medicine off the shelf, prescribed medicine from Singapore, and even some chinese herbal shit. So I was feeling very groggy yesterday, and I had to stop by my place to grab something before heading out to pick my supervisor up. So I parked in the HL, thinking that it shouldn't matter since I was only grabbing some food. So, when I was at my place, my supervisor called and said that I don't have to pick him up anymore. This was followed by my senior graduate student in the lab who said that he is not heading down to the neuroscience seminar after all. I decided not to head down as well, as I wasn't feeling all that great, and I have a defense to umm defend the day after. So I just stayed home the whole day, completely forgetting that I parked my car in the HL. Night falls, and a lot of opportunities/ reasons came up for me to head out, such as:
1) I had to grab bagels for the defense
2) I was supposed to go over to Renee's to help her bake a penis cake (yes, you heard me right - more about that later)
3) On a few occasions, I was craving the vitamin water in my trunk
BUT despite ALL THAT, I kept my lazy ass at home, and not for one split second, did I remember that I parked my car in the wrong spot. So taa daaa! I got to my car in the morning to see the big parking ticket stuck to my windscreen. In an odd way, I felt resigned, because I feel that God gave me SO MANY hints for me to go out to my car, but I breezily rejected ALL of them. So I kinda deserved it. Sigh. Man, 350 bucks can buy me....
1) A new pair of Chanel shades
2) A weekend trip to Vegas
3) Three fancy meals
4) A quarter of parking permits
5) An iPhone
6) 6 heaters (not that I need that many, but hey, it's getting cold)
7) 14 tubes of my shampoo or conditioner
8) Eyelash extensions, and maintenance for 2 months
Okay, this is getting depressing, so I'm not going to go on. Sigh.
On another note, Renee decided to purchase a cake mold in the shape of a dick so that she can make a penis cake for Guang's bday. Hahahaha, it's pretty funny.
6 comments:
Better than spending it on a silly ring with loose parts and losing it less than 24 hours after you get it.
*giggles*
I know that's you Alex. -__-
Congrates on proposition!!! Sorry abt sick and ticket. :/
How did the penis cake turn out?
...so many terrible things to say just popped into my mind.
HAHAHA, well it was like any normal cake. He "blew" on it and cut it up. It was tasty. Slurp. :P
Convert it into SGD more depressing.. GOSH! U know how many bubble tea we gotta sell in the past???!!!
I said, let's just stop talking about it! It's depressing! Hahahaha. :P
Post a Comment