
It's official. I am THE queen of chicken rice. I firmly believe that my craving for chicken rice surpasses anyone else in the world. Why? Because I've been having chicken rice dreams ever since I got back from July. I spent every night of August dreaming of eating chicken rice. The plot is different every night, but the ending is the same. I might dream that I'm back home, and I'll realize this about 5 dream seconds into the dream (I say dream seconds because it's prolly equivalent to 5 hours of sleep: Don't you notice the disparity between the amount of hours you sleep and the length of your dreams?) and I'll go "Man, let's go for chicken rice!" Or I'll be shopping with my sister, and we'll tumble upon a food court, and I'll be like "Let's stop for some chicken rice!" Anyways, at the end of my dream, I'll always be ordering from the stall, and just right when the plate of steaming rice is in my hands, I'LL WAKE UP! ........... T____T WTF. And if you're going to suggest that I try to get back to sleep, I've tried it. Doesn't work! So every night of August, I was always so close to eating chicken rice, but never had it. I think the subsequent months, it subsided to maybe once or twice a week, but recently, the dreams are coming back, more vivid than ever! I think my body senses that I'm heading back to Singapore, and automatically adjusts itself to the Singapore channel of dreams. Just yesterday night, I just had another one. My friends have told me it's pretty unhealthy. I think so too. I think I'm going to eat it every day of my trip back, for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I remember the last time I went back, I had two plates of chicken rice every meal for the first few days.... so yep, I'm officially the queen of chicken rice. Don't doubt me, I even have pictures of chicken rice on my laptop. Anyway, the point of this post, more than anything, is for me to look back upon when I'm actually in Singapore, so that I don't get complacent and not eat it as much as I crave it now.
8 comments:
me: u are juz a pig laaaa =P
Haha, whatever you say kiddo. Hoho!
Aiyah. It's so simple to make chicken rice. As they say : Ownself do!
I had chicken rice yday and today..
So coincidental.
If that person didn't just call u a pig, IT is a big fat 1...
i love chicken rice too!!
http://ieatishootipost.blogspot.com/2006/11/tian-tian-chicken-rice-chilli-man-its.html
u'll hate me for posting this.
Wow, your dreams are really boring leh. I hope you don't get withdrawal symptoms when after you leave Singapore again. Or maybe, just maybe you could cook your own chicken rice?
Well, that person who called me a pig is my sister,so I don't hold it against her. And I've tried making my own, just that it doesn't taste as good as the ones in Singapore, and well, not worth it. Maybe I should smuggle a chicken rice vendor on my way back this time. And yep, boring life, boring dreams. :P
You will be certified the QUEEN when i personally witness you chomp down 3 plates of chicken rice in succession come december. hahaha.. but then again it'd be a fine line between Queen and PIG.
Post a Comment