Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hawaii for thanksgiving? Guess not.

So I guess I'm not headed to Hawaii with my best friend after all. Sigh. It feels like every time we try to plan an escape somewhere, the God of travel will sound its thunder and cast his curses upon us. This time round, it's an uncompromisable situation. His sister is coming on an spontaneous visit, and well, he can't really leave for Hawaii. Which sucks, cuz I was really looking forward to it. He told me that I can change the ticket to a ticket to Philly, so I guess I'm going back home with Jenn to Philly for thanksgiving. Which isn't bad at all, but well, it's just sad that sometimes, when you and your best friend are living in different cities, and he happens to be the busiest person you know, you wonder if your friendship will waver to the hands of time. Who really knows? You try to keep in contact, but you'll never know if there comes a day when the familiarity ends, and the distance sets in. People always tell me that I'm fortunate that all my friends are going different places and cities - it's convenient for travel and whatnots, but what I really want is for all my good friends to be in the same place as me. Is it really that hard?