Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ah, expensive wines.

The hungover from expensive wines and champagnes, I've realized, doesn't differ at all from that of cheap alcohol. I was invited over to my PI's house yesterday, for an evening of fine wines and cigars. Renee and I were awed by 1) his sprawling property 2) his collection of fine wines and cigars. The estate was in downtown La Jolla, and the house was perched on a hill, with other prestigious estates, overlooking the whole of San Diego. Imagine a spiraling stairway down to the living room, which has full length glass doors overlooking the pool and jacuzzi. Venetian columns, classy art pieces, and a row of tall palm trees next to the balcony overlooking the cliff. I asked my PI if he goes out to the pool everyday to gaze around at the surrounding equally impressive houses, and think about what a good life he has. Seriously, if I attain his status someday, I will NEVER leave my house. Who cares about social gatherings when I can come back to my ballin' house, park in the 3-car garage, put some bossa nova music on the surround sound system, walk out to the patio and just lie on one of the chairs and puff away on a Cuban cigar? Anyways, we opened a pair of burgundy wines (70 bucks a pop) and moet n chandon champagne (white star), which after he indulged us in some '94 vintage port wine. It was heavenly, just leaning back and staring at the stars, listening to the jazz music and inhaling the fresh crisp air. Renee and I got toasted, and ended up leaving only when Renee is sober enough to drive. I have to say, compared to the many Saturday nights when I usually head down to a bar and drink in the loud and boisterous crowd, this was a very welcome and pleasant change. :) My PI made a very disturbing comment though. He said "Keira, it's really great how you don't look like you'll be intelligent, but you are." I still don't know whether to treat it as a compliment or an insult. -__-

On a totally unrelated note, I am seriously impressed by the sitemeter reading! I never really thought anyone read my blog, considering that I don't get that many comments and stuff. :) At least now as I write, I don't feel like I'm ranting off to my computer like a complete dork. Heh. Thanks for reading! Hopefully my life will get spicier so that I have more exciting and interesting stuff to post. XOXOXXO. :)

2 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

If I have a place like that I'll be holding parties every weekend.

I had wines manufactured in 1982. Older than us and I can't even remember what brand was that!!

Keira said...

Haha! Well the vintage port was very very good. :P We should go for wine!