We have always argued about the topic of Singapore ever since we got together. Now that we're no longer together, the topic continues to flourish like flowers in spring. I want to go back to Singapore after my degree. Every molecule of me wants to. In fact, there are days like this when I will have sudden thoughts of just dropping all I have right now, and buying myself a one-way ticket back to Singapore. It's taking all my strength to be here, without my family, to live on my own.
I know I sound like a weakling, and I don't come across as the tough cookie I want to portray myself as, but I really do miss my family. People always complain and moan about how lonely they feel after they break up, but you know, you will never be alone if your family is with you. I never used to take long to get over a breakup, perhaps because I was younger and more frivolous, but more likely, it was because my sister and mum will always be there to stop the tears, to listen to me complain, to buy me my favorite foods and cheer me up. Here, I have nothing.
Isn't it funny how relationships always work out the same way after a breakup? Either party will entertain thoughts of getting back together, but always at different times. If there really is a Cupid, I want to stab him really hard.
I guess it's inevitable that differing opinions occur in a relationship. After all, the parties involved come from different backgrounds, different environments. It's sorta like evolution then - a survival of the fittest. The more persuasive, the more commanding one rules the relationship...
Man, it's been so long since the last time I've been in a relationship, that I've forgotten about everything positive about it and remember the worst bits. I just want to be loved again.
Gawd, am I PMS-ing or what.
4 comments:
i want to stab cupid too, right on his head... -___-
Ha, one of the haters too huh. :)
Its tough being in another country alone. There isnt anyone there physically to share ur joys and sorrows ya?.. I felt so helpless when u called me up once and cried over e phone... N i just wish this 6 years would pass by faster so we can hang out more often again. ^^
I'll buy u a beer if there is a next break up...
Post a Comment