Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lalala!

My mummy always tells me this when I lose my things : Anything that can be bought with money, don't fret over it. And it always comforts me, because she's right. It's not worth it being unhappy over things that can be bought with money. It's the things that cannot be bought, like friendship and love, that we should be concerned about. :)

I got a pair of Dior shades at Nordstrom yesterday. They were on sale! :D I think I'll get back the Chanel pair too...

Anyways went to Gavin Rossdale's concert yesterday. I don't care for him at all, and have never heard his songs ever, but Jenn is a fervent fan of him.. so. Sigh. The music wasn't bad, but we were on our feet for 3 hours, and that, coupled with my cramps and my flu and cough, was like death upon me. And the crowd...

I took some pictures, we were pretty close to the stage, and had to handle hostile fans too.

Anyways, random stuff, went to Yun's wedding last Saturday. Yun and Tevy are soooo sweet together... like you take one look at them and you know they're blissfully in love... it wasn't easy for them, but they handled it so well. Tevy studies in L.A and Yun 's in my lab, so they alternate weekend trips up and down, and well they were very successful and loving... maybe that'll be me in the near future! Ha ha ha! :D


Yun and me and the absolutely delicious wedding cake...thinking about it makes my stomach groan.

Went to Whisk -n- ladle at downtown La Jolla again, cuz Tom's leaving for a vacation soon... this is my second time here, and it was still as good. Admitted, the menu is kinda limited, but whatever they have on it, is excellent. I had the braised rabbit with potato puree in a red wine and prune sauce. It was beyond excellent. The rabbit was tender and not too tough... the first time I have rabbit! :D

Oh, and I finally saw Tetsuji's baby girl. SOOOO CUTE, I had to post it up!


Okay have to rush out to high tea at the W hotel! Ciao ciao! :D

4 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Weddings seem to be very frequent now.. Groan..

(T) (H) (B) said...

Weddings seem to be very frequent now.. Groan..

Keira said...

Ha! Yea, we're at that point of life babe. Look on the bright side, at least we're not at the baby shower phase or the funeral phase yet. Ha.

Lucky Luxie said...

I compeletely agree with you about not fretting over material posessions... but on the other hand I see them as time. As in, I put many hours in at work to earn the money to buy that thing, so when I lose it it's like losing money and even more emportantly time! Time is money lova lova. Ps FOXY glasses =)