Saturday, July 19, 2008

High tea victorian style!

So today I went for high tea, and it was pretty good. It was at Westgate Hotel downtown, and the whole place was set in Victorian fashion. Very elegant, very posh. :)

The menu! We get to choose our choice of tea, I chose the peppermint tea cuz I'm sick, but it was very good and refreshing!

My tea! Very big pot, and I finished it. Ha.

Poser shot. Ha.


There was a girl playing the harp right in front of us. She was really good. And quite hot too!


First they served the savories, which included this duck confit with baby spinach puff which was really good. The bruschetta with pesto and tomato wasn't that great, but the proscutti with cucumber was pretty good.


We get to get a lot of little cakes and whatnots with the set menu, but I couldn't eat too much cream, so I just had a taste of everything, and gobbled everything that was without cream. I have to say, everything was pretty good. The cakes weren't too sweet, which was a welcome change from the overly sweet desserts in this country, and the staff were really cordial and nice.


The hot scone was served with devonshire cream, and it was sooooo good. The summer berries in the silver cup was very fresh too!

Okay going to bed early, by the orders of bobo. :)

P.S: The Dark Knight is sooo good. Batman never fails.

1 comment:

(T) (H) (B) said...

Batman--> Bad man in Bedroom.. ROAR... :p