Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jenn's week

This week is Jenn's bday week! I got to join her for dinner with her mum and brother at Whisk 'n' ladle, one of my favorite restaurants... I'm definitely bringing Xuan to dine there when he comes. Wee!


I got the pasta with meat sauce (that's supposedly brewed for 20 hrs or something ridiculous like that) as an appetizer.


And Jenn and I both got the lamp chop with sweet peppers and a potato cream pastry sorta thing. The lamb was too tough but the flavor was really good.


And this is the dessert we got two of... tadaa! The panna cotta with almond butter cake crust, salty caramel, and a cherry compote and berry sorbet on top. It's like heaven. Not too sweet, but the mixture of flavors is just amazing.

Went to Fish Market for her bday dinner. There's like 18 of us, and I got the worst food ever.


The seafood marinara. The tomatoes are canned, and the sauce has a sourish tinge to it (prolly due to the parmesan cheese on top of it) and the salmon is overcooked.
Should have stuck to my trusty swordfish. Oh well.


The island creek oysters are good tho, albeit a little costly. Half a dozen for 14 bucks? I'd rather go to crab hut.


The birthday girl!


She just got a chihuahua too, but I personally think it looks like a giant rat. Ha.

1 comment: