We walked along the coast, and saw these funny looking people.
We even stumbled upon a merry-go-round. Super random.
This is the ONLY sign, I repeat, the ONLY sign that has a "You are here" spot. Believe me, we looked at so many signs cuz we kept getting lost, and none of the maps had a "You are here" spot, so essentially the maps were useless. -__-
We went to Borough Market the second day to have lunch.
We saw these dead rabbits, which looked very gross and smelled very bad.
I had the mulled apple cider, which wasn't sweet at all, but it was thirst-quenching. Jenn had a very good pear juice. It tasted sooooo fresh...
Since we were in Britain, we HAD to get fish and chips. So we came to this "Proper Fish and Chips" shop, which looked really good. They battered the fish and fried it fresh in front of us. With the malt vinegar and fresh cut fries, it tasted REALLY GOOD.
We had the cod fish, which was very fresh and very tender. The malt vinegar enhanced the freshness of the fish, and the batter was lightly seasoned which went well with the fish and everything.
I had the toasted cheese sandwich, which was essentially fresh grated cheese between toasted sourdough bread, with chives and onions. It was really good! Even though I'm not a big cheeselover, the saltish cheese with the chives and onions were supreme.
I had the cinnamon baklava, which was too sweet.
I was very amused with this poster. :)
We went to London Bridge, which was pretty cool, except the winds were so strong we couldn't take good pictures. Oh well.
Getting ready for our 2nd night out... we went to Kiasu for SINGAPOREAN FOOD. And to Funky Buddha for clubbing.
Came across this ad for Tiger Beer in one of the tube stations. WTF! Tiger Beer is soooo bad, I don't understand why people drink it, and it's apparently popular in London. Mannn, no wonder why British food tastes so bad. Ha.
Chicken rice!! The rice was undercooked, and the chili sauce wasn't spicy and garlicky enough, but overall it's still enough to satisfy my craving. 9 pounds.
We had the oyster omelette to share, and it was actually pretty close to the real thing.
We met the owner of the club AGAIN who invited us to the VIP section, where we had free champagne for the rest of the night. We HAVE to stop meeting the owners of the clubs we go to. We got him to change the music to R&B, and he even kicked a guy out who tried to get fresh with Jenn. Woot! I chatted with the server who served us champagne, and we got a picture together.
Diane, Ariane's friend who joined us for the night. Really nice person. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment