The restaurant in question is La Vache (The Cow, yea I know, of all names) at Hillcrest. Been there before, but never really wrote about it. Anyways, I went with Jenn last Saturday for dinner, before heading over to Turquoise Bar for drinks and a live band. :)
I started out with the duck soup, which is the soup du jour. I kinda expected a dark brown soup with bits of duck in it, but it came out looking more like minestrone soup with pieces of duck in it. Pretty light though, and the flavor was pleasant. Could have had a stronger duck taste though.
Jenn had the seared duck breast (which is usually my fav dish, other than rack of lamb), and I had a piece. It was reaally good. It was hearty, there was loads of duck meat, and it came served with mashed potatoes. The duck was cooked in a delicious brandy cherry sauce, which compliments the flavor of the duck very well. It wasn't so much an elegant dish, but more of a satisfying and hearty dish. Definitely a must try.
Didn't have dessert. These days, my appetite is dwindling, maybe because I'm so close to turning 25. :( A week more to go, and I'm going to miss punching in 24 when the elliptical prompts me for my age. SIGH.
2 comments:
Aren't u guys already using the same foundation etc? What's next?
Anw, 恭喜发财!
Ha, yea we have a lot of the same things. :D Maybe everything but the same boyfriend. Ha ha. Happy new year dear! :)
Post a Comment