I'm turning 25, and that prolly means I have to be more solemn about my birthday celebrations this time around. So I'm just going to hold a dignified birthday dinner with 25 of my favorite friends. I'm going to freak out if any one of them can't make it or bring anyone extra, cuz I really want the total number to be 25. Oh well.
I went to look at a few restaurants, and finally decided on this chic French restaurant that recently opened not too long ago. I've heard rave reviews about the food and the service, and the place is quite cosy due to the seating capacity being around 30. I spoke to the restaurant owner, and he said that pretty much, I'll be taking over the restaurant that night, and he's gonna ask the manager to come up with an exclusive menu with all the specialties in the house, since they come up with a different menu frequently, and I was concerned that I might not be able to taste what they're known for. I did point out to him that not everyone will choose a full 4 course meal, and the guests should be able to choose freely whether they just want an entree, or just a soup or salad, depending. I should be getting my menu soon in the email, and I'll post it up then!
Went to the cake maker at Bristol Farms today, since I saw their cake samples and they look really good! And I like it how I can choose whatever I want, be it with the ingredients or decorations. I ended up getting a fresh strawberry and whipped cream filling (she assured me that this was the best), and a white buttercream top layer, and the cake will be decorated with pink gerberas and roses, with white chocolate cigars on the side and tied with a red ribbon. I'm so psyched! I chose not to have words on it, cuz I don't want to spoil the design. Hopefully it'll turn out well, or I'll prolly be like one of the super sweet sixteen brats and brood about it. Ha.
I pretty much wrote all the invites cuz it's more personal that way, with my own monogrammed stickers. I love planning for events - so much fun. :)
So people who got the invite, congrats! You're my top 25 most favorite people here, and I want to spend my birthday with you. :)
Have to start packing for Chicago today, or it'll be a mad rush on Friday. So excited to spending my bday weekend in chi-town, my favorite city of all time. :)
In general, I'm just quite happy these days. And as for you, no brownie points for guessing why! :P
Jenn just gave me my Xmas present yday, which was a pink shirt from A&F that I always had my eye on! I joked that she can wait another week and just give it to me for my bday. Ha ha.
Will update soon. :)
5 comments:
Hope you'll have fun on ur bday... :)
thanks babe :)
:)
Sounds like your birthday celebration is going to be great (and delicious). I'm glad you are happy these days Ona. Sorry we won't be able to celebrate birthdays together this year, but I hope you have a happy one. :)
~Ada
The clock just struck 12 in Sg.. Happy Birthday.. :)
:) thanks guys! Wish you were here to celebrate with me! Another year then, since we have many years to come!
Post a Comment