Thursday, March 12, 2009

Boys and girls.

It's funny how we have stereotypes about boys and girls, and how true they actually might be in real life. Everytime we think about a group of guys congregating, we'd think that they revolve strictly around topics like girls, cars and work. In the case of girls, it'd be around guys, makeup and bags.

I never really gave those stereotypes much thought until recently.

When I posted my post about the two new bags I bought late last year, I get emails and comments from my good girl friends, telling me how awesome those bags are, what kind of bags they're going to get next etc.

When I told friends about my accident, guys and girls have decidedly different responses. Girls, being the empathy bunch, would ask about my health, about the insurance, and how traumatic it must have been. Not saying that guys are heartless. They do offer their own words of comfort... for the whole of 5 min's worth. Which after, they suddenly become your advisor for your next car purchase. What kind of model you should get, what color is best, what year etc etc. All of a sudden, they are more concerned than YOU are about getting exactly the right car for the right price.

Now that I've gotten my car, I get guy friends msging me on facebook, on msn and gchat telling me how nice the car is. Predominantly guys. And recently, I have suddenly became the topic of discussion within the animal room guys. I don't know them very well, but they manage my mice that I need for experiments. One guy came up to ask me if that was my car, and from that moment onwards, random acquaintances from the animal room would see me, and you can see their minds click in position, and they'd go: Nice car! Or stuff like that. It's almost like when they see me, they don't see me anymore. They just see my car. Chris, the guy who takes care of the lab mice from my lab, would ask me about my car every single time I walk into the mouse room. Not that it's annoying or anything, more like amusing.

SO that answers my question. Guys really do talk about cars MORE than I give them credit for. Waaaay more. I wonder why I took so long to realize this. Heh.

Okay I know this is really random, but it really does amuse me more than I give credit for. Went to Vegas last weekend on a whim, will blog about it after my next Vegas trip two weeks from now. Woohoo girls! Can't wait to partay with you darlings again! :)

5 comments:

TheOneNOnly said...

Thats not true wad! when u had an accident I asked u if u were alright and stuff....AFTER CONFIRMING nothing happened to u,I moved on to talk about ur car! hee hee

(T) (H) (B) said...

haha. U wouldn't want men to start taking abt make up and bags with u babe...

Keira said...

Haha, yes, but then the next few times we've talked, nothing but car suggestions! :P

And yes HB, that's true. But I really need a gay best friend. Sorely lacking one.

inamatic said...

I cant wait either. But I feel like I am too fat. btw, I need to buy a dress in vegas to wear cos I brought home all my glam clothes. Only t-shirts left. LOL. Love ya!

Keira said...

ARE YOU SERIOUS. Okay we can go shopping, but I have to tell you, limited options! Can try the huge shopping mall in Caesar Palace. Love ya!