Thursday, February 26, 2009

I just read my sister's blog... and found out that Chios has given birth! :) Sent her a cute little jumper for her son last month, glad that it's a February baby (Feb babies tend to be extremely smart and talented. Hoho.)!

My sister passed her very important Japanese exam! I'm so proud of her. I remember that she was moping around because she was convinced that she failed it. Good job sis! Sometimes I wish I have the dedication and commitment to grasp a language fully. There's many excuses I make up to feel better, but at the end of the day, you know it just boils down to whether you want to do it, or not.

Like that movie "He's just not that into you". You could make up countless excuses why he's not returning your text, returning your email and stuff, why he's going out with someone else behind your back, but at the end of the day, it just comes to the simple fact: he's just not that into you. In which case, you should just drop it.

I was talking to my sister about this recently, about why there are so many girls out there who are in denial. I guess every girl grows up listening to fairy tales and whatnots, and it's tempting to think that you might just be the one for every guy you fall in love with. So you obsess over it, offer sex or every kind of favor, in the hope that he would just realize one day, that HE's in denial, and has been hopelessly in love with you all this while. Think again.

I think that guys and girls generally have different approaches to the dating game. Guys go after one, maybe a few girls at one go, and whichever hatches, goes. If it doesn't, they move on. Girls can't do that. I don't mean ALL girls, but generally girls who are insecure, and suffer from an obvious lack of confidence. They cling onto the one guy who make their heart melt, and hope for eternal love. Or they cling onto their already cheating partners, in the hope that they only did the cheating out of a moment of folly, and not because of the simple fact that the guys are just not that into them. Let it go! If he really loves you, he will not cheat on you. I don't care if he only goes on dates with them, or if he only makes out with them, or if he fucks around. If he cares, he would never do that. And for you to forgive that, you are truly pathetic.

FIND someone who will not do that to you! I know it's not easy, and you have blah blah blah history together, and you love him so much. But is it worth it? Is it worth you crying every night, or every moment your heart stops when you wonder if he's texting some other girl? Cuz you know what? He prolly IS texting that girl. You were born in the world alone, and before you met him, you were great, if not better.

The guy in the movie who was two-timing Scarlett Johanson makes my blood boil. I think he is the muse of this post. For those who've seen the movie, you'll understand where I'm coming from. I'm glad that he's alone in the end, with the voice-over going " and there are some guys who will never be that happily-ever-after". Yes, that is right. Because if someone is so spineless that he lies to both girls he apparently loves, then that is cowardly, and dishonest, and weak. And you do not need someone like that in your life.

Wow, I wrote a lot considering that I was just going to congratulate my sister. Heh. Oh well. I hope every one of my friends find their happily-ever-after. :)

3 comments:

(T) (H) (B) said...

I was convinced my old man isn't that into me because he didn't call or msg after our trip last yr. I made it known I'm giving up and he made the move... Heh. i am sure a clever girl... hohoho

Anonymous said...

I have different views.
It is said when u love someone, you do not cling to them. Love isn't clinging. =)
Love also isn't expecting the partner to love us in a way we expect them to.
Love is opening the door of our hearts. =)

Keira said...

Bel Esprit: Yup, that is why I was telling the peeps NOT to cling onto their men. It's one thing that girls are guilty of, more often than not.

HB: Of course you're a smart girl. You're definitely not in my subgroup of insecure weak girls, that's fa sho! :)