Woah, didn't realize that I haven't blogged for a while. Been really busy, finals are next week! And lab meeting the week after. And I have this pirate party tomorrow to go to. Bought a slip dress which is kinda like piratish, didn't have much time to go get a real costume. Hope it works! Will take pictures!
Went to this Louisiana crawfish place for dinner, called Crab Hut on Convoy St. It's always packed when I pass by, so we decided to try it after a whole lot of procrastination. I have to say, it's my first time trying Louisiana crawfish, and it was surprisingly good! It was a good experience overall, I have to say!
First of all, they have my favorite Blue Point oysters! The only other place that has it is Real Seafood on Main Street in Ann Arbor, but uhhhh that's a leeeetle too far from here at the moment. Seriously these oysters were super good! I have to say, the best oysters I've tasted in San Diego so far! They were super fresh (no funny after-taste), and super smooth. I LOVED IT.
They had a variety of soups to choose from, and I asked the server which is better, the gumbo soup (sausages, shrimp, okra, tomatoes) or crawfish tomato basil soup. He was like "uh I'm not a big fan of crawfish"... and then he went on "the gumbo soup is a little too thick for me..." -__- I have to say, this is like the most unenthusiastic server I've ever had. Usually they'll be all bright and cheery and say "Well, that's a really TOUGH choice, I mean BOTH of them are good, it really depends on what you like" or something like that. Mike asked him why he works there then. Ha ha. He mumbled something but I didn't catch what he said. Oh well. I chose the gumbo in the end and BOY was it good! It's either laden with a lot of MSG or is really truly good, cuz it's filled with soft sausages, tomatoes, shrimp and okra, and the stock was so flavorful, it hit every palate of the tongue! I have to say, definitely be back for more, even though I was never a big fan of sausages. Heh.
We had the shrimp and crawfish mix in a "full house" sauce, which was a combi of the three sauces they had to offer, and it was really good! It's a very garlicky, tomatoey, buttery, peppery sauce which went really well with the shrimp and crawfish, which were perfectly cooked (not overcooked). The shrimp could be cooked for a slightly shorter period of time, but still pretty good.
The corn on the cob was also boiled in a buttery peppery sauce which was really good. The prices are super affordable too!
Will definitely be back for more. Alright I'm tired. Going to bed!
4 comments:
Yum Yum..
All the best to your upcoming final examinations!
I read ur post again and I saw the oysters... I think I need oysters.. Heh...
HAHA. Nice HB. Go get some! :P Thanks for the wishes Leonard. :) Three more days to London... Wee! :)
Post a Comment